ART 540 Final Project - we're still alive, ain't we?

 

    My final project is going to be a resurrection and homage to a passion project I worked on in 2014 – “we’re still alive, ain’t we” (WSAW for short) was a 3-and-a-half-hour-long playlist inspired by Franklin Walther’s After: A Post-Apocalyptic Rock Opera. The original premise was to create my own post-apocalyptic opera, but one at the length of an actual opera. Now, years later, I am going to revisit the project once again, but this time I will be creating a series of soundscapes in the style of The Last Hearth – my audio project for the first New Media in Art class, as well as drawing inspiration from Henrik Ceol Strøm’s All is Gone. The final project will consist of 5 soundscapes, each 1-2 minutes long, that together tell a story of a person living and trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

For context, WSAW takes place over 10 days. I split it up into 5 2-day sections. I will be turning each of these sections into a new, unique soundscape.



Comments

Popular Posts